- Research report forecasts that $2.8 B will be raised worldwide this year, up from $1.5 B in 2011 and $530 M in 2009.
- There are over 450 crowdfunding platforms worldwide. Including 4 China.
- Kickstarter is America’s largest platform.
- Indiegogo is Kickstarter’s closest rival, and is available in Canada.
- In terms of amount of money raised, the NA crowdfunding industry CAGR is 63%
- Pebble raised 10.3 million dollars from 68,929 people after the inventors posted a pitch on Kickstarter. The previous record was 3.3 Million set in March by Double Fine Adventure, a video game.
- Seven projects have raised $1M – something that had never happened before February this year.
Friday, June 29, 2012
Seven key facts on the Crowdfunding Market
Sources: Techvibes, Massolution, ITBusiness